If you ever wished you had more time at work to build a clone of yourself to do those tasks only you can uniquely do, Digital Adoption (if done right) may be the answer for you. So what is digital adoption? and why should you, as a business owner care about it? We define Digital Adoption (also known as Technology Adoption) as the uptake of key user (your employee) behaviours to get the intended value (increased revenue or reduced costs) out of any technology purchase. Most businesses do not fully understand the potential positive impact to their business operations, when they are buying particular technologies, so they end up paying for the software and are typically satisfied by a marginal improvement in their day to day operations.
Digital Adoption is the most essential component to Digitally Transforming your organization. At PACE.global our definition of Digital Transformation is quite simply, “Making sooner, safer and better decisions with your data.”; Yes, it is that simple, what is not simple however is getting 100% of your users to consistently use and input data into those systems, in order for you to get meaningful data for your decision-makers to make sooner, safer and better decisions with your data. As a special thank you for making it all the way to this blog, we would like to provide you with complimentary access to our three steps to digital adoption course ($99 value) for no cost to you.
Why businesses should care to educate themselves about digital adoption?
- Digital Adoption is the fastest way to boost your business’ competitiveness & relevancy in today’s marketplace. If you are not leveraging the latest in digital technology, your competitors are definitely doing this.
- A recent study suggests that only 1 out of 20 businesses use their digital technology (software) effectively. Think about it, are you part of this statistic? have you bought technology that you are paying for but just a little unsure about the measurable benefits you are getting out of it?
- If you are a private Canadian business (excludes franchises and realtors) who has made more than $500k in revenue in any of the past 3 tax years – there is non-repayable funding available for you to build out a more thoughtful plan and strategy to take advantage of the funding.
- In addition to the above, you can get up to $100k as an interest free loan to implement the technology plan designed by a company such as PACE.global who has been doing this work for over a decade.
- Businesses also get $7,800 in non-repayable grants to hire students to do basic digital advancement work that is often needed when you get started on implementing this plan to use a technology better.
- PACE.global believes that technology should always result in measurable improvements which results in your people being more efficient (so they have time to do other more value added work) or increase revenue (so they are able to unlock revenue generation opportunities for the business) and ultimately make sooner, safer and better decisions with your data.
Results we have helped our clients achieve:
- Reduced Time to Hire by 50%
- Increased Mine Production Output by 20%
- Eliminated the Need to Switch ERP or CRM Systems
- Improved Equipment Utilization Times by 46%
- Reduced Employee Onboarding Time by 50%
- Increased number of filled shifts by 40% while decreasing effort by 30%
Broad Categories of Digital Adoption Projects Involve
- Point of Use Data Entry – Using any software to enter data directly into the software application. e.g. ERP, CRM, Task Management, Project Management, SAP, Short Interval Control etc.
- Email Automation – Most software these days has the ability to automate email follow ups whether it is to collect on invoices or simply follow up with clients or automating your onboarding process with a personal touch.
- Task Automation – The best use case that comes to mind for Task Automation is streamlining and systemizing your onboarding process, it definitely makes for happier recruits (see walmart example) and reduced workload for your managers.
- Cross Site / Inter-office Team Communication –Speed Up communication through, chat, calendar sharing, location tracking etc. e.g. MS Teams, Google Workspace, Webex Teams etc.
- Decision Support – Using computed data to make faster and more accurate decisions from data out of any of the above systems using a business intelligence tool like Power BI, Crystal Reports, Internal Application Reports
- Digital Marketing & E-Commerce – Involves adoption of a variety of digital marketing tools such as CRM, Google Ads, Website Upgrades, Online Stores such as Shopify etc.
To get a free assessment of your next Digital Adoption Project that comes complete with a complimentary project assessment Click Here